Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Holiday projects

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was filled with family, friends, good food, laughter, swimming, kayaking and maybe the occasional wine.

Not being one to sit still for long, I am already into my list of holiday projects!

I bought some old wooden chairs recently (actually, months ago!) that I intended to sand back and re-upholster. They've sat in the garage gathering dust and cobwebs, making me feel very guilty. But yesterday I finally pulled them out and made a start. I will show you them once I have finished....

But I did manage to start (and finish!) a quick and easy project recovering a little stool for Bella. I can't remember where it came from, but have been wanting to recover it for ages... I didn't sand the wood back or do anything tricky, so it was literally a 5 minute job. I had a small remnant of a pretty blue rose fabric from Kokka which was perfect, and I even had enough to sew up a small cushion for her bed. Easy!


Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment